Mind reading machine

Hello Dr. This is regarding one of my friend who stays at Bangalore. He works in banking industry. Of late we have noticed a change in the behaviour. He has become silent and always been moody. The way he was before 5 years and the way he is now is entirely changed. We are thinking that It might be due to personal or professional stress . without any reasons he is going to his own shell very often.We have been asking him to share his problems but he is not able to share anything to anyone. Can someone suggest what can be done. We want him to see him back living happily. Not sure whether this is any psychological disorders.

Doctor Answers (2) on Mind reading machine

Dr. Dherandra Kumar Delhi | Clinical Psychologist
First of all all I am happy that you noticed changes in your friend and sought professional opinion here. From the description, it's difficult to make a diagnosis. It might be too much of stress or depression. I recommend that your friend should consult a clinical psychologist.
Here are few tips that might be helpful:
Spending some time on hobbies and with people in close relationships, i.e., family and friends.
Doing some physical exercise, yoga, meditation, etc.
Ensuring proper diet and sleep.
Writing a gratitude journal
Vinaya Prabha Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
It is nice to read about your concern for your colleague. I suggest you take him to a counsellor. It does appear like he's under stress, a worry and he may not be able to share it with you.