Metabolism issues

Im a CA student. Due to continous hours of sitting i have extremely poor metabolism. i gain weight super fast. What should i do to boost my metabolism. Even working out doesnt help.

Doctor Answers (3) on Metabolism issues

Dr. Anmona Gupta Delhi | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi..wud like to know what exactly r u practicing
Have small n frequent small meals..in proper timings
Get ur hemoglobin checked
Feel free to get back to me anytime
Dr. Farheen Hyderabad | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hai, Your weight is not appropriate to your height and age firstly. May I know what are you exactly trying to say by poor metabolism. Are you not willing to eat or how you say your metabolism is not proper. Have small and frequent meals.Try to have more of proteins from an egg in the morining. Have more of raw vegetables in the form of salad, lots of fruits which has antioxidants, vitamins and minerals in it. Don't rely on any processed and junk foods. This will really help you.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..one can reduce weight by dietary and lifestyle change . Have more of fruits and vegetables ..have foods like chapattis, roti... Avoid junk food, oily food items.. Exercise regularly...have food according to your work load... If you are sedentary have less food.... Consult dietitian in nearest Hospital.