Mental illness?
Recently, i went through a lot of stress due to worry about mental illness, living alone, breakup etc. For the past one month, I feel detached from my surroundings and people, almost as if I am not having those conversations. I have illogical thoughts- like am i really talking to this person? Are characters of movie real? etc but these are only thoughts- I know what the reality is. I have no hallucinations or delusions. I feel incredibly unreal and detached though, and have no appetite. I lose track of time, and have no motivation. Am I suffering from a serious mental illness? Am I going mad? I am scared of losing touch with reality and losing grip on sanity.

Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi , go out and immediately fix an appointment with a Psychologist, . With which you can come of this situation and get empowered and motivated to live life.
Dr. Sugandha Gupta
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Delhi
Hello there, what you are describing appears to be what is called derealization. Its an 'as if' phenomenon, where everything appears unreal. It may occur independently but is mostly a manifestation of severe depression and/or anxiety. Howsoever, it can be managed easily with medication and psychotherapy. Kindly meet a psychiatrist soon so as to get this properly evaluated and treated.