Mensturation Problem

My period is irregular. I generally get period in 2-3months gap. I had PCOS 5yrs back but my recent USG shows its perfect. i dont have thyroid also as per the report of December 2015. I am gaining weight day by day and feeling lazy. I work in an IT company and my work routine is from 9AM to 9PM and i dont get a chance for any physical exercise. Please suggest what shall i do.

Doctor Answers (6) on Mensturation Problem

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Irregular period is a sign of undeelying hoemone imbalance.Sorry to  inform  you  but you are walking  on the road of hormone  imbalances  which lead to period and fertility  issues in short term but serious  disorders  like diabetes,  blood  pressure,  autoimmune  thyroid  disease  and cancers in the long term.
If you  really  want  to  know  the root cause of your problem and heal it permanently ,  please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr Nikita Gandotra Delhi | Gynecologist
Just a mere ultrasound doesnt rule out PCOS 
Life style modification is a key. 
Exercise daily....avoid junk...
Relax..PCOS is very common 
We too encounter lean PCOS
Get yourself thoroughly evaluated...
Doc will give you symptomatic treatment...your periods are getting irregular plus u are gaining weight...why to wait...take out time for yourself and see a gynaecologist
Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, Since you are having PCOS, you should switch to a well-balanced diet, exercise on regular basis, avoid anxiety and stress. This will help you keep your body weight in control and stabilize your menstrual cycles. If problem persists, visit a gynecologist for further evaluation. You can also visit our clinic International Fertility Centre, a leading IVF clinic, located in New Delhi so that I can guide you better. Our centre offers varied fertility treatments and services performed by skilled experts to help you have a joyful experience.
PCOS IS A SYNDROME OF IRREGULAR MENSES, OBESITY AND POLYCYSTIC OVARIES. Do serum insulin and blood sugar level fasting.
Modify lifestyle, eat healthy, avoid stress, do regular exercise. Consult ayurvedic gynecologist for Panchakarma and ayurvedic medicines.
Dr. Pritam Prakash Sulakhe Pune | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Dear Practo user, pcos is supposed to be a genetically controlled and lifestyle modulated conditions.. U have to control ur weight right where u r now otherwise loosing weight in pcos become v difficult. bleed regularly with hormones coz pcos has long term effects like increased chance of cancer endometrium. Depending on age symptoms and marital status pco has different languages lines of management. So don't ignore and Consult a reproductive endocrinologist .
Dr. Kuldeep Wagh Pune | Gynecologist
if your periods are irregular then the commonest reason is anovulation. PCOS is not a disease its a change in the bodys hormonal pattern due to deranged lifestyle and excessive stress. so there is nothing like you had pcos and now you dont. you are correct that you would have a tendency to gain weight. you need to change your lifestyle completely. treatment is indicated after you marry. dont worry about the irregularity of your periods at present. cut down weight and start exercise. stop taking stress although all is easier said than done