Menstrual cramps

I have been facing severe mentrual cramps for many years now, i got my ultrasound done but the reports were clear, doctor advised me to do exercise, i tried evryhing posiible but it's all there, what should i do?

Doctor Answers (4) on Menstrual cramps

Dr. Disha Sridhar Bangalore | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
You do have estrogen  dominance which may not be picked  up  on the regular  blood tests.
It's not normal to have painful periods.
Sorry to  inform  you  but you are walking  on the road of hormone  imbalances  which lead to period and fertility  issues in short term but serious  disorders  like diabetes,  blood  pressure,  autoimmune  thyroid  disease  and cancers in the long term.
Good news is that it can be totally  reversed if you choose to do so. If you  really  want  to  know  the root cause of your problem and heal it permanently ,  please  read my blogs on www.truhealing.com or practo health  feeds. Hope that helps....
Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, What is your age? Are you married? Are you planning to conceive? If you are experiencing severe cramps, it may be a condition of dysmenorrhea. You can take ibuprofen to get relief from pain. If the pain turns unbearable, visit a gynecologist for clinical examination. You can also visit our clinic International Fertility Centre located in New Delhi so that I can guide you better. You can also mail your contact details so that I can get in touch with you.
Dr. Mamta Pattnayak Gurgaon | Gynecologist
If the menstrual cramps r severe but your Ultrasound is fine then there r certain hormone  and also non hormonal  medicine which can be given.But what is  yiur age and married or not? All should be discussed
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Pain during periods is medically known as dysmenorrhea... Most of the time it's spasmodic or primary dysmenorrhea due to increased prostaglandins...over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen or naproxen sodium , at regular doses starting the day before you expect your period to begin will help you. Prescription nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as mefenamic acid, also are available...I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for clinical examination and for evaluation they will do the needful