Meniscus surgery reg
I have pain in my left knee for 3-4 months..so i undergone mri...it shows that i have degeneration of partial tear in ACL, horizontal tear of posterior horn of medial meniscus... So i undergone arthoscopy after that ...after operation in the discharge summary it has written"medial meniscus small stable tear noted and rasping done"... what is that mean?i do know exactly and i have seen after coming to home... Whether my meniscus was removed?i am confused on that...please explain what is that rasping indicates...thank you

No it was left intact after freshening the tear edges to enhance healing
Its not fully removed....its partially shaved off ...no need to worry
Hi Consult directly with me through Practo for detail discussion, history , treatment plan and prescription. Here u can chat or can do audio or video call . Click on this link and get connected with me https://www.practo.com/aurangabad/doctor/dr-rahul-jaju-orthopedist-1?cache_refresh=true