Injured right knee MRI

Hello doctor, Last year I suddenly twisted my knee while playing cricket and since then my knee is unstable and it buckles away. While injury I had an unbearable pain with a slight pop sound and I couldn't even lean a little bit on the injured knee. Now after that I had consulted an orthopedic surgeon. After the clinical test, he advised me to go for a MRI..... MRI Report: #Partial anterior cruciate ligament tear. #Minimal Hoffa's fat pad edema. #Minimal joint effusion. #Bone contusion noted in lateral tibial and medical aspect of femoral and tibial consume...And then he went through the MRI and said that the MRI report is wrong just after seeing the scan images. He said nothing happened to the ACL. Then he advised to go for a knee joint replacement surgery and said it's costs. He is a doctor who holds a specialisation in Joint replacement surgeries. My question is, could the MRI reports be irrelevant to the scanned images? Kindly help me reg. this by providing some informations. Ty.

Doctor Answers (2) on Injured right knee MRI

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Firstly, I haven't seen the scanned images, therefore I won't be able to say if the reports are correct or not. Secondly, by your complains it's a sports injury which usually injures the ligaments. Rest, immobilisation and cold compress along with certain medications usually help a lot in your condition. But if someone has suggested you knee replacement I find it wrong. Better to go to a different orthopedician for a second opinion. You can find best orthopedician near you using practo app itself. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Sameer Sahay Pune | General Physician
Hello, I am a Rheumatologist, i.e. I treat arthritis & related ailments. I cannot specifically comment on the accuracy of the MRI report. I can only say that the situation warrants a different line of thought. I do not believe knee replacement would be advised for a sports injury. These injuries are usually related to cruciate or collateral ligaments or damage to something called meniscus. They will warrant rest & physiotherapy with medication or arthroscopic repair of a torn ligament if needed. I suggest you not to rush into surgery but get a proper diagnosis first.