Memory loss

From the past 1-2 years, I'm able to notice that my memory and reasoning power is depleting. Sometimes, I forget things which I have seen or learnt just 5-10 min back. Nowadays I find so much difficulty to remember things. I was very good at Maths, the problem which I used to solve easily earlier, nowadays I find it difficult to solve the same. I could have remembered many things earlier, but now I cannot. I keep forgetting. Sometimes I cannot remember frequently used things(Ex- my email id which I use it everyday)Why is this happening to me at this young age. I have never taken drugs nor I was into smoking. This is worrying me alot. What shall I do? Why is this happening at this age? Please help me...

Doctor Answers (1) on Memory loss

Dr. Sarah Ahmed Bangalore | Psychotherapist
Hello, I understand that you are worried about the memory loss which is happening gradually from past 1- 2 years,i would like to ask you if you are eating well balanced diet,drinking enough water,sleeping well for 7 to 8 hours a day and exercising daily?All these affect memory. If you are doing all these and still facing memory loss,i suggest you consult a psychiatrist doctor as there maybe something more than memory loss and its better to get yourself checked to be sure.Take care.