Medicine zapiz .25 mg

I'm undergoing medication of anxiety and depression. Doctor recently add a medicine named called zapiz 0.25 mg 3 times in a day.Is it a sleeping pill??What purpose it used for??when I take zapiz I feel sleeping and not able to concentrate on my work.what is it..

Doctor Answers (6) on Medicine zapiz .25 mg

Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
Try etizolam 0.25 mg. It has no sedative (sleeping)effect. Its non habit forming. Ask your psychiatrist to give a proper dose of antidepressant.
Dr. Amod Borkar Pune | Neuropsychiatrist
Zapiz is an anxiolytic that is it keels the anxiety. It also puts you to sleep. The dose you are taking is given when you have overwhelming anxiety and dose is gradually increased. Zapiz is a fantastic medication if used properly. Your must have gauged the necessity of the drug. If you have side effects talk to your doctor, hope he is a proper psychiatrist. Or else meet a psychiatrist who will give you more time to understand your problems, root cause of your anxiety and guide you properly.
Dr. Swapna Patker Mumbai | Psychologist
The medication you are taking is the worst you can do to yourself. You are not only playing with your body but playing with your life. And you are not going to get any results in the end. You will keep sleeping; productivity will be low. Meet a clinical psychologist immediately. Take counselling. Only Homeopathy can help you.
Stop zapiz. Don't spoil your life.
Dr. Akhil Chopra Jalandhar | Neuropsychiatrist
It contains clonazepam. It belongs to benzodiazepine class (commonly used as a sleeping pill). Other than insomnia it is also used for: - Anxiety disorders - Epilepsy and seizure disorder
discuss with your doctor about your problem - ask about using a less sedating anxiolytic - using clonazepam at night time only
Dr. Ramprasad Attur Mysore | Psychiatrist
Venlor is the one which should help you in dealing with depression and anxiety in thew long run,however the other two are given for immediate relief of anxiety which ideally should be tapered and stopped
1.Request review of medication
Dr. Kavita Sagarkar Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Zapiz or Clonazepam is used in your case as an anti-anxiety medication. It is alsoused for Panic attacks or Phobias.
Unfortunately, it will cause drowsiness as a side effect. Maybe you can ask your doctor to reduce the dose so that you don't feel so sleepy.
Also, consider counseling for your Anxiety and Depression problem . Medicines are useful, but there may be side effects like drowsiness. Counseling can help you change your perceptions. In the long term counseling will help you deal with adverse events or circumstances in a better way.