Medicine for gout
I am taking zyloric to control my uric acid. I recently started it as the uric acid level was on higher side (tested). Gout formation is on toe. What is the medicine for gout? How much time it takes to cure?

Dr. Harisha N L

there are some dietary restrictions in high uric acid levels patients...one should avoid All organ meats (such as liver), meat extracts and gravy...Yeasts, and yeast extracts like alcohol,Asparagus, spinach, beans, peas, lentils, oatmeal, cauliflower and mushrooms...You can take Refined cereals - breads, pasta, flour, tapioca, cakes Milk and milk products, eggs Lettuce, tomatoes, green vegetables, Cream soups without meat stock, Water, fruit juice, carbonated drinks, Peanut butter, fruits and nuts Keep well hydrated, drinking 2 to 3 liters of water per day, unless you were told otherwise....for medications consult nearest physician or orthopedic surgeon they will do the needful.