Masturbation

I love to masturbate watching sexy porn videos. Is it good to watch porn and masturbate in my age. Are there any side effects?
views-icons 2647 Views bookmarks-icon 2 Bookmarks 7 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Masturbation

Dr. Diwakar Sharma Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hi there, i have read your query. All u need to understand here is that masturbation is a natural urge to seek and gratify basic pleasure. It is absolutely free from any adverse effects and is a universal but tabooed phenomenon. But then it should not be deterring you from other pleasurable activities such as human company, friendship, job etc. Once it starts replacing other important aspects of life then it becomes pathological. So be aware of this aspect too.
As far as pornography is considered, it is illegal and socially offensive with more of moral and ethical issues. Although very much prevelant but its a question of personal choices and moral ground.
i hope this helps u. feel free to raise any further queries.
Thank you
Hello,
There is no harmful physical or mental consequences of masturbation or watching pornography as long as it does not occupy most of your time and prevents you from doing your day to day tasks.