Male baldness (Alopecia)

I am suffering from alopecia .In treatment from past 8 years (minoxidil and finopecia). I have lost lot of hairs. Recently I read an article about JAK which enrich the enzymes and hair follicles at rest will restart growing. 1. I want to know more about JAK 2. Is this available in India? If yes then when can we see this treatment in India? 3. What are the side effects of this treatment? 4. Is this a tablet or lotion ? 5. How long do I have to be in JAK treatment?

Doctor Answers (1) on Male baldness (Alopecia)

JAK stat inhibitors will bring a dramatic change on management of alopecias. However it's associated with major side effects and can be administered with close monitoring. Presently their use is restricted to more severe diseases and it awaits approval for treatment of alopecias. It's unlikely to be coming soon for this indication in oral form. However research is active to develop topical forms which practically will be with minimal side effects and cheaper also. Safety issues are a major concern