Major Dandruff

Hi there,my age is 24 I am having dandruff... normally after using anti dandruff shampoo it comes back again in a week usually I use shampoo twice a week so can u pls suggest a diet to avoid dandruff apart frm shampoo and all thanks in advance

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Since the dandruff is not resolving, it may hint towards another condition called Seborrheic dermatitis or Scalp psoriasis which needs different treatment approach. So consider discontinuation of oils if you are using it and start using an antifungal shampoo everyday for first week and then reduce the application to twice a week for maintenance. You should keep the shampoo atleast for 5 minutes on the scalp for it to act. This should solve your problem. However if problem persists, consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment plans.