Mad behaviour

My son since last 1 month behaving madly for one hour . This happens once in 2 to 3 days. During that one hour his mind goes blank. He says someone is at corner, heavy on chest,he feels he is waste,suicidal thoughts, ...he has no previous history ...he is now under medication ...Except that one hour he is normal and at times he says my mind is not free

Doctor Answers (5) on Mad behaviour

Dr. Rajeevi Hyderabad | Psychiatrist
Hiii R u consulting a specialist for medication? Better to consult a psychiatrist and in general medicine department or viseversa to find out wether it is due to a medical problem like seizures or a psychiatric problem.try to confirm the diagnosis and go for better treatment accordingly
Dr. Sheba Singh Mumbai | Psychologist
Most likely Panic Attack but you need to see a Psychologist or a Psychaitrist for proper diagnosis. Psychotherapy plus medicine will help.
Dr. Pankaj B Borade Pune | Sexologist
Welcome to Practo. The symptoms that you have described here are strongly suggestive of psychiatric condition. Apparently, the clinical picture is of mixed symptoms of depression, anxiety and Psychotic features(?). We need to consider if there is recent use of any drug, cannabis(weed), etc. There is a need to evaluated in detail and examine for further management and treatment.
I would strongly advice you to show him to a Psychiatrist soon. Presence of suicidal thoughts is serious and an indication for an urgent hospital admission.
A timely consultation and treatment can prevent complications. Regards, Dr Pankaj Borade
Dr. Dushad Ram Mysore | Psychiatrist
Information is insufficient to understand underlying problem but appears to be anxiety attacks (panic attacks).
consult Psychiatrist. Medication and /or psychotherapy are options.
breathing exercise, meditation and yoga.
Dr. Mohit Shah Mumbai | Psychiatrist
This may be panic attacks which sometimes mimic unusual behaviour, psychological tests needs to be conducted to find out any hidden psychological issues, counselling and medications will help him recover completely but first we need to diagnose the problem accurately