cancer-icon
Lump in breast
2-3 weeks back I noticed a lump on breast near armpit. Since it was periods, I waited for doing any test. Have pain when I press on lump. Request suggestion on what tests to be done to know what exactly the lump is. Thanks in advance.

Dr. Jagdish Shinde
Radiation Oncologist 5 yrs exp Pune

If you have lump in breast with pain, and if any history of fever is there then it is more in favor of infection. There are some other reasons for this condition like fibroadenoma (non cancerous tumor) which can cause painful breast lump. However detailed clinical examination is needed to rule out cancer. You might need Mammography and FNAC test. Hope this answer is helpful.