Lumbar scholiosis

I have developed lumbar scoliosis, I came to know today by x-ray reports, also the blood test suggested high uric acid and insufficient vitamin d level, what should I do for scoliosis
views-icons 25 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Lumbar scholiosis

Dr. Trinath Sarkar Kolkata | Internal Medicine
5 min of daily outdoor activity in the sunlight is sufficient to meet the daily vitamin D requirement of our body. So do that. Further state what is your uric acid level along with the reports...& if you are suffering from any comorbidity..please state that & last , if you have any allergy in any medicine,mention that.
Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there... I can understand your concern.. lumbar scoliosis is condition where there is lateral bending of spine instead of its normal straight alignment.. this leads to compression of nerves, backpain, sensory and motor disturbances.. causes of this could be many like from birth(congenital), trauma, back surgery, degenerative changes, osteoporosis,idiopathic(no specific cause).. in your case it could be due to low vitamin d levels.. vit d is needed for calcium absorption which is needed for healthy bone...when calcium reduces it leads to weak bone(osteoporosis).. High uric acid levels could be due to kidney problems, liver diseases, alcohol, malnutrition, starvation, thyroid problems..