Lower abdomen

In 2011 I had got hit on the Lower right abdomen while in a car in the US. A urine test was done and it was normal. The pain gradually went away. Two years later I was lifting 7.5 kg and got a strain in the same area (lower right abdomen, groin) which continued on for a long time and prevented me from doing any activities. I got a ultrasound which didn't indicate anything abnormal. A physiotherapist in the US gave me a few stretches and strength exercises which helped me. These days when I lift something heavy I often get a weird feeling in that area. Slight pain but mostly a feeling of being heavy. I then stretch which helps me but I would like the problem to go away completely. It keeps on reoccurring which prevents me from doing many physical activities. 1. What can I do? Any recommended stretches or strengthening? 2. What can I do to improve healing of that area? 3. Is cardio on the elliptical or treadmill fine? How about light weights? 4. 2013 ultrasound fine. any other test?

Doctor Answers (1) on Lower abdomen

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... You get an ultrasound ultrasound abdomen with renal function test to confirm that there is no problem with kidney and bladder ... If its groin pain it could be due contraction of cremasteric muscles which compress testicles ... In that case you should avoid exercise for time being ,consult general surgeon.