Lower abdomen+Groin pain

I play football 4 days a week, lately I have experienced pain in my lower abdomen and left leg groin. I have done sonography + MRI test. MRI dint show any problems but a simple cyst on epididymis has found to which Doctors said it will go automatically. But my groin and abdominal are still annoying me. Doctors suggest there is some groin pull which will recover automatically, but prior to my injury I have researched and found it is similar to athletic pubalgia or sports hernia. symptoms seems to be similar to the later. Can someone please provide me proper guidance for speedy recovery, because it has been 3 months and nothing had progressed.

Doctor Answers (1) on Lower abdomen+Groin pain

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, A sports hernia is a strain or tear of any soft tissue (muscle, tendon, ligament) in the lower abdomen or groin area. Because different tissues may be affected and a traditional hernia may not exist, the medical community prefers the term "athletic pubalgia" to refer to this type of injury The exact incidence of these entities is unknown: some believe it is the most common cause of chronic groin pain in athletes, while others argue that it is only rare. Conservative therapies (gentlestretching and a short period of rest) may temporarily alleviate the pain, but definitive treatment consists of surgical repair followed by a structured rehabilitation. MRI is used to diagnose which structure are injured, since it showed you nothing,, please visit orthopedician,,