diabetes-icon

Low testosterone levels

Hi I went for a routine checkup recently and found that my testosterone level was low 207ng/dl. What should I be doing?

Doctor Answers (1) on Low testosterone levels

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi....., Low testosterone in men is sometimes treated medically, with testosterone supplementation. In other cases, it can be treated with lifestyle changes such as efforts to lose excess weight and exercise more. Testosterone can be delivered to the body in a variety of ways: Injections into a muscle can be given every few weeks, either by a medical professional or by self-injection.Patches or gels containing testosterone can be applied to the skin daily.A tablet-shaped patch known as a buccal system can be applied in the mouth where the upper gum meets the inside of the lip. The patch is changed every 12 hours.Testosterone pellets are a newer form of treatment. The pellets are inserted under the skin of the buttocks, where they release testosterone for three to four months