Low Testosterone
In a recent blood test, it was found that my testosterone level is at 200.9 Ng/dl whereas normal range is beyond 241. Is there a cause of worry? How will low testosterone affect me? Can it be improved through medication?

Dr. Harisha N L

there are numerous causes for decreased level, it may be due to trauma to the testis, infections,obesity,kidney diseases,liver diseases,certain medications mainly pain medications derived from opioids,people suffering from sickle cell disease or thalassemia can also have this,people taking glucocorticoids can also have this,other hormones in the body with abnormal levels can also impact on testosterone levels,chronic alcoholism is also one of the cause...so before starting on testosterone directly,so the underlying cause should be treated...which will be more beneficial than simply taking the supplements..Consult endocrinologist they will do the needful.

Causes of low testosterone