Low sugar levels
I have taken sugar test recently and my fasting sugar is 75 and two hours after meal is 78. Does that indicate low sugar levels? I also experience trembling, slight dizziness and hunger within couple of hours. Is increased metabolism related to low sugar levels?

Dr. Harisha N L

Hi there I understand your concern and anxiety...reference range for fasting plasma glucose is 70-99 mg/dL and for postprandial plasma glucose at 2 hours is less than 140 mg/dL....so your values are normal nothing much to worry... I would suggest you to get repeat tests done....if you are are experiencing symptoms with out relief please consult nearest physician they will do the needful.

Can low sugar cause dizziness High and low sugar levels