Sugar . after.meal.146

I had undergone health check up and after meal it was 146 . One mistake i did befor 20 minutes of 2hr i had given the blood Pl suggest is it matter of worry or should i go for again check up

Doctor Answers (2) on Sugar . after.meal.146

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..... It's recommended that postprandial glucose level under140 mg/dl and a preprandial plasma glucose between 90-130 mg/dl is considered normal.. Don't worry about 20 minutes variation.. Because both fasting and post prandial blood glucose level is considered for diagnosis.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...I can understand your concern. It's okay. 20 min is okay. 146 is in normal range itself. You need not worry about diabetes for now. But maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle. Get checked up regularly once. Your weight is more for your height. Ideal weight for your height is around 63kgs. So try to reduce it. Consult a dietician for a proper diet and exercise chart.