diabetes-icon
Low sugar attacks
My father who is 82 yrs had low sugar attacks several times. He is diabetic for last 50 years. Last night he had another low sugar attack and his sugar level was 64. I gave him some sweet drinks and his sugar shot up to 84. I want to know what all test should be done for him.

Dr. Mahesh.D.M
General Endocrinologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore
Do check his Liver and Kidney function. Consult doctor to reduce the dose of the medications
Hello.... he is known diabetic person ,he should follow strict diet pattern and take medicine regularly.....test for fasting and postprandial blood sugar, if dose readjustment is required physician will do it......giving sweet syrup during hypoglycemia brings up blood glucose level, it's better to have Gloucester at home to measure blood glucose whenever required,.........