Low lying placenta

Hi..am 26 week pregnancy.i have low lying placenta 1.83cms away from cervix.does it moves away till my delivery.is it possible to have normal delivery.kindly let me know more information , precautions and diet to sort out this complication.

Dr. Mamatha Devi S
Gynecologist 28 yrs exp Bangalore

Placental migration does take place. However your gynaecologist will decide if your placenta is safely situated or not. If it is ....you have a good chance to deliver normally.Dont worry. If the placenta is low lying then you might have to have a c section. Anyways there are several criteria to decide if you'll have a normal or c-section. So don't keep worrying about this.
don't lift weights. avoid travel Do Pranayam.
repeat scan when you are 34weeks. Follow the advice of your gynaecologist.
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, The placenta may move to different positons during pregnancy. You should follow up with your obstetrician who will evaluate the position of your placenta and suggest the best delivery method delivery. However, if you have low lying placenta, you might need a c section. Most importantly, stay relaxed and positive.