Low Lying Placenta

My wife is now at 15th Week of her pregnancy. Last week during the NT scan, she was found to have Low-Lying Placenta. The gynecologist told that she may have c-section during the labor and also threatened us by saying that there may be life threat for both the lives. We also consulted another doctor for an opinion but she said there is nothing to worry about. So I need a clear clarification on what could be the possibilities and the worst case scenarios at the end.

Doctor Answers (2) on Low Lying Placenta

Dr. Meenal Garg Meerut | General Physician
At this gestation u need certain precautions like avoid travelling and intercourse throughout pregnancy. If it is of lower grade it might not affect pregnancy at term . scan at 32 weeks needs to be done for placental localization.that will be more helpful in deciding management
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... There are grades in low lying placenta.. You must have attached ultrasound report.. If it's first grade placenta previa then it has less complication.. If Placenta is lying very close to internal os or cover internal os then it needs c section.. Chances of bleeding is there.. Attached the report.