Low Hemoglobine level

Hi, I recently did CBC test and my hemoglobin level is 9.90, I usually try to eat healthy diet including egg, milk, curd, sprouts, cornflex, almonds, seasonal fruits. But why still my hemoglobin level is low ? I avoid junk foods, drink water 3 to 4 ltr daily. I will be 30 by next month, I want to know should I start to take multivitamins or medicine to increase my hemoglobin level because diet is not helping.
views-icons 56 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Low Hemoglobine level

Dr. Farheen Hyderabad | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hello, There must be some underlying cause apart from diet for your low levels of hemoglobin. I suggest you to visit your physician and he may advice you some tests so that the underlying cause is known. Until then you can take tablet livogen once daily. It is better to take any iron tablets or iron rich foods with vitamic c rich foods as it aids in the better absorption of iron.Simultaneously, do not take calcium supplements or milk and any calcium rich foods when you take iron tablets as it works in contradiction to vitamin c.you can opt for organ meat like liver which gives you ample of dietary iron. Chick peas, Semi cooked spinach and other green vegetables, Pumpkin seeds can also be added to the diet along with vitamin c rich foods like orange, lemon, guava, kiwi. If still the problem persists consult a doctor.
Dr. Amit Verma Delhi | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hii good morning

Yes u r eating healthy food.. but there is particular food which are important for formation of haemoglobin which are rich in iron nd other necessary elements. For example a simple example to remember that fruits which u have seen become black in colour if exposed to air are good for u. Like apple.. banana... Etc. Take 2 or 3 piece of munakka and soak in 1 glass of water...keep over night...early morning just little shake it... Nd filter water nd drink empty stomach.. for further evaluation u need to be check in revelance why haemoglobin is decreasing.. for further u can contact me