Loose tooth in upper jaw

Hi my niece has dental problem in her upper jaw. She had fallen when she was 1year old & had a chipped teeth that time. Now a teeth near her chipped teeth is shaking a lot & she is in pain. My dentist told me she would refer her to child specialist. My niece is running low on haemoglobin too & is very tough to handle when she is in pain. i wanted to know if there are any major risk if she has to get her knocked of heer tooth by a dentist?

Doctor Answers (1) on Loose tooth in upper jaw

If her tooth is shaking and she is in pain, in all probability that tooth had been traumatised at the time of the fall but is showing its effect only now. Most likely that there is infection at the base of the tooth and that it causing the pain. Whether to remove the tooth or save it will be decided by the specialist after checking the clinical condition of the tooth and maybe also taking an xray. A children's tooth specialist is specially trained in handling kids teeth and would be able to give you the correct guidance. Her haemoglobin levels and other medica factors will be taken into account to ensure that whatever treatment is done is for her benefit and without any risk.