diabetes-icon
Long time use of Istamet
I take one tablet of Istamet 1000 mg daily for past three years nd my sugar levels are under control. In September 2015 fbs was 90 nd ppbs was 155. Can I know the after effect of long term use of Istamet 1000mg.

Dr. A. Kavitha
Diabetologist 23 yrs exp Hyderabad
Hello,        There's no harm in using Istamet for a longer duration unless otherwise. you have other complications .It has its own advantages like preservation of insulin in your body There will not be any weight gain as seen with other drugs.So you can us that combination without any doubt.