Loneliness

Sometimes , i feel so lonely that i feel nobody values me and enjoys being wiyh me. I feel neglected by my husband and the only one i feel i have is my dad. I recently lost my Mother who was my strength anf weakness. I havnt still been able to get accustomed to her absence. I miss her presence and the way she used to have time for me. I miss talking to her as i used to share everything with her. Now i dont have anybody to talk to and find it difficult to keep things accumulated inside myself. Please help me..

Doctor Answers (4) on Loneliness

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
I feel you need clarity about marriage and expectations from it.
Do consult a Relationship  counsellor /Psychologist in the city you live in
Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Dear friend,
I can understand the kind of loneliness you are going through. Heart felt condolences first.
To handle this feeling, the ONLY thing that you can do is Accept AND LET GO.
Be in the reality. No one can bring back their lost loved ones. Understand this is a fact.
You need to talk to a counselor for PTSD session.
You can come to our center for a weekend relaxation retreat
if any further help needed, feel free to contact me at your convenience
wishes.
Dr. Kavita Sagarkar Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hi, I can totally understand what you are going through. The loss of one's parent is usually very tough to handle as we believe that they will always be there for us. Your current feelings of missing your mother, missing talking to her and sharing things with her is part of normal grief. However , your feelings of loneliness, that nobody values you and feeling of disconnect with your husband could be mild depression due to the recent loss of your mother. Sometimes unresolved past issues get compounded with grief and may lead to mild depressive symptoms. Please consult a Psychiatrist or a Psychologist who can do counseling for grief. You can learn through simple techniques to let go of unresolved grief and learn to enjoy life again. Helping your father through his feelings and sharing with him too will make you feel much better. You can also read my health feed article on handling grief. Things can and will get much better. Hope this helps, All the Best!
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hello my friend...just remember "Broken heart and shattered dreams are key mentors for weaving a glorious destiny."...Consult nearest psychiatrist as you require detailed counseling session and you may require medications to solve your problems as many things can't be discussed in forum like this...With that fallow relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation,avoid alcohol, smoking, coffee, tea...have good sleep and develop healthy food habits..good luck