Liquor adequate

Hello,now I am 32 weeks pregnant.doctor said that my liquor level is 17.5, is it adequate or not adequate?and she said it indicates that I m having diabetes or baby may be healthy is it true?

Dr. Aarti Kulkarni
Ayurveda 8 yrs exp Thane

AFI 17. 5 indicates polyhydroamnios. Diabetes is one of the common cause of increasing liquor. Do GTT Glucose Tolerance Test means Fasting sugar test Have 75 gm glucose and do sugar test after 1 hr and 2 hrs. Consult obstetrician and keep watch on baby movements. There should be at least 10-12 movements in a day.
Dr. Pritam Prakash Sulakhe
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 9 yrs exp Pune

yes , levels are slightly raised. Go for diabetes testing. If other family members also affected with diabetes it increases chance of Diabetes in pregnancy. dont worry. Follow Ur Gynaec.
Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 13 yrs exp Pune

you could always do a anamoly scan and see whether the baby is fine or not. yes the AFI is on the higher side but that is not completely abnormal.
Dr. Mamta Pattnayak
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Gurgaon

Ya, it seems little high in liquor. Most common cause is diabetes. Do Blood  sugar  fasting and 1hr and 2 hrs after  taking 75 gm glucose. If more than the range , then mert gynaecologist.
Dr. M.H. Abinaya
Gynecologist 8 yrs exp Chennai
Liquor quantity between 10-15 is normal Yours is slightly on the higher side Most common cause for higher volume of liquor is diabetes so get your fasting and post prandial sugars checked Go for regular walks but avoid exertion Liquor volume slowly reduces towards the end of pregnancy that is after 36-37 wks So nothing major to worry