cancer-icon

Lipoma or anythin serious

Hello, I have bulges in many parts of my body. They were small in size when I was in in the school. But a few have grown in size. And I feel the no. Is increasing. I hv shown it to quite a few doctors but they say its nothing to worry about. But, it worries me a lot because none of the doctors were serious about it they simply say "it's nothing to worry about " and one surgeon said its advisable to surgically remove it only if it's more than 5cms. I searched on net to know more about it, results said Lipoma and lymphoma. I do not feel any pain but there are many such in many areas of my body, around 10 are big in size. I want to know the exact condition. Is it Lipoma or lymphoma??? Really worried.. Please advise!

Dr. Shubham Jain
Surgical Oncologist 4 yrs exp Delhi

The description is for a lipoma. No need to worry for now. Kust get an FNAC if too concerned.
Dr. Sandeep Nayak
Surgical Oncologist 18 yrs exp Bangalore

The swellings on your body are suggestive of lipoma. Many people have tendency to develop these.  Your need to get them removed if it is larger than 5cm, get painful or cosmetically look bad. Otherwise leave them alone. You could get an FNAC done to prove it.