Ligament tear

A week earlier, she injured her ring finger of the left foot during some household work. On consulting a doctor, he did the x- ray of the finger and told it was a ligament tear and prescribed her few tablets. And tied the injured finger with other two fingers with licoplast tape as there was gapping occurred between the injured finger nd others fingers .. so to make them as earlier and to ungap he tied them together .. but it's been a week , and there is no positive result of it . The finger is still swollen,gapping has reduced a bit , but the pain is still there . She can't walk properly with injured finger . So, tell me what to do, I mean should i consult another doctor , or use finger cap so that the finger can be cured . And Plz recommend some doctor for the same, bcz I have no idea where to go now .

Doctor Answers (1) on Ligament tear

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Improper exercise techniques can cause a muscle pull leading to spasms or sometimes strenuous exercise can lead to sprain (ligament tear) which might be a cause. If that's the case then you need to take rest for few weeks and apply hot fomentation to the painful regions. Sometimes people with a sedentary lifestyle,who have never done any hard workout will have muscle pain even for doing workout for 1-2days if that's the case, no need to worry.the pain usually subsides within few days if you practice excercises on regular basis. Start your exercise with a warmup exercises for atleast 15-20 mins which will help you to ease into your usual workout. Consume lot of water to stay hydrated and never compromise on that. If you restrict on water consumption,chances of dehydration and fatigue along with it is more. Consume proteinous and healthy foods like egg white, berries, fresh sprouts,skimmed milk,oats, brown rice, fresh vegetables.avoid junk foods,oily and spicy food. If not satisfied consult a orthopedic surgeon for further management.