Leg ankle ligament tear

I'm suffering for 2yrs.My right leg ankle ligament tear due to the ankle sprain(inversion type). My doctor verified my x-ray and said nothing is prob need some recovery time but after 2yrs also the pain there. I can walk freely but couldn't run and and giving force action to my ankle its hurting. Pls suggest me

Doctor Answers (1) on Leg ankle ligament tear

Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah Chennai | Orthopedic Surgeon
Ligament tears usually heal by 2-3 months. Even after 2 years if you still have pain then it is something to worry about. If the xray is normal, it may not be bony injury. It may be injury related to cartilage, ligament or tendons. Or it may be something else. At this point it would be best to do MRI of the ankle joint to determine the exact cause of pain. Visit the nearest ortho surgeon who can order MRI for you. I cannot prescribe meds as Practo prohibits me from doing so. Good luck!