Leg problem
My mother has pain in her ankle from a long time it even swells sometimes and also pains on pressing what can it be and what should we do..?

Dr. Ravi Nayak
Orthopedist 11 yrs exp Mumbai

I agree with Dr. Vinod kumar. Your mother has pain and swelling in the ankles which could be due to inflammatory arthritis (eg. rheumatoid or gout) or secondary to other conditions like varicose veins and diabetes. You should consult an Orthopaedic surgeon who may get her Xrays, blood tests for arthritis and other necessary tests done. Further treatment will depend on the outcomes of these tests.
Dr. Vinod Kumar A.C
Orthopedist 19 yrs exp Bangalore

consult orthopedic surgeon get evaluated by xray and blood investigations to rule out autoimmune disease like rheumatoid arthritis and gout