Leg pain issues

Having leg pain around knee area for the past 2 weeks. The pain starts when i wake up in morning and is only in early hours in morning after which the pain reduces. I weigh 79 kilos and my height is 169m.

Doctor Answers (1) on Leg pain issues

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Knee pain is a common complaint that affects people of all ages. Knee pain may be the result of an injury, such as a ruptured ligament or torn cartilage. Medical conditions — including arthritis, gout and infections — also can cause knee pain.
Rest. Take a break from your normal activities to reduce repetitive strain on your knee, give the injury time to heal and help prevent further damage. A day or two of rest may be all you need for a minor injury. More severe damage is likely to need a longer recovery time.Ice. Ice reduces both pain and inflammation. A bag of frozen peas works well because it covers your whole knee. You can also use an ice pack wrapped in a thin towel to protect your skin. Although ice therapy is generally safe and effective, don't use ice for longer than 20 minutes at a time because of the risk of damage to your nerves and skin.Compression. This helps prevent fluid buildup in damaged tissues and maintains knee alignment and stability. Look for a compression bandage that's lightweight, breathable and self-adhesive. It should be tight enough to support your knee without interfering with circulation.Elevation. To help reduce swelling, try propping your injured leg on pillows or sitting in a recliner.