Left knee ligament tear
I was fall down from my bike 2 years ago and got partial ligamental tear in my left knee the I took PT and medicines but now my knee is giving lot of persistent pain and while I do exercise it's good but right now I am in very much pain kindly suggest some remedy

Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah
Orthopedic Surgeon 13 yrs exp Chennai

Thanks for asking me to see the patient. In addition to the fact that you have an ACL tear, you may have also injured the menisci in the knee. ACL tears cause instability in the knee and meniscal tears pain. If you have had several episodes of twisting or slipping die to instability, synovitis could develop in your knees causing pain. It would be best for you to approach am ortho surgeon who can order an MRI to confirm the presence or absence of other injuries. The status of the ACL can also abstained at the same time. He can also prescribe you meds to control your pain. I cannot prescribe meds as Practo prohibits me from doing so. Good luck.
Dr. Karthic Babu Natarajan
Spine and Pain Specialist 15 yrs exp Chennai

I saw your health query regarding partial tear of one of the ligaments in your knee. We need to look at the MRI and examine you to ascertain the exact status. In complete tears, arthroscopic correction is a good idea. In partial tears of ligaments, there is promising new treatment called platelet rich plasma (PRP) injection in to the knee. This may take 2 or 3 sittings along with good physical therapy and rehabilitation exercises. Explore that possibility. Good luck.