Left Knee ACL Tear.

I twisted my knee 2 months back while playing football. After few sessions with the orthopaedic, he said ive torn my ACL and suggested for a surgery. I can walk but whenever I use the stairs it pains. I can't put a lot of weight on my knee as well. It tends to give way and feels very unstable. Will physiotherapy be helpful? Considering that I would return to usual sports activities. If yes, How much time can it take to heal completely? Please reply as soon as possible. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (1) on Left Knee ACL Tear.

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..... Give away sensation is symptom of ACL tear.. You still have that problem ,it hasn't healed.. You haven't mentioned degrees of acl tear.. With this condition you shouldn't resume sport activity. It takes very long time to heal.. Till then you should do physiotherapy . If tear is higher grade you have to undergo surgery as suggested by your doctor.