Left hand elbow angle

My left elbow angle hurts sometimes. I know this seems quite trivial to bother a doctor. I just wanted to know any exercises that I could do to strengthen the muscles. I work in an IT industry. Thank you for your valuable time, doctor.

Doctor Answers (3) on Left hand elbow angle

Dr. Rajkannan P Bangalore | Physiotherapist
Don't worry much about it. Keep your muscles of elbow warm and flexible by doing regular stretching and eccentric strength training. Make sure your wrist is not too much extended while typing. I see lot of these kind of patients especially during cold seasons. One thing I tell them is do exercise regularly.
Dr. Raviraj Francis Mumbai | Physiotherapist
Hi there.... elbow and wrist problems are very common among IT people.....the main culprit happens to be the position in which these joints are placed for long hours which leads to muscle strain. your problem seems to be a typical professional one. Does your elbow angle hurt of the dominant hand or non dominant hand?does your elbow hurt when you extend it or do rotation movements??if u answer yes to the above questions then it could be anywhere between a simple muscle strain or tennis elbow.however there is nothing to worry much apart from some precautions,medications and physical therapy. What you need to do is 1)Apply ice pack or crushed ice over the Area. 2)local therapeutic Ultrasound Application... 5 settings coupled with anti inflammatory gel. 3)A tennis elbow/elbow binder support for at least 3 weeks 4)restriction of rotation n turning/twisting movements of Forearm. Hope the Above information is useful to you. Take care Regards.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, ice packs, resting the involved elbow, aspirin and anti-inflammatory medications  are enough for the condition...