Left Eye Twitching

I am facing left eye lid twitching problem for about 2 months now. I read online that it is minor and majorly because of stress since I am an IT guy. Please help me understand if this is normal or critical. It lasts for about 10-15 mins and then I usually forget about it.

Doctor Answers (1) on Left Eye Twitching

Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Some of the causes of eyelid spasms that have been identified include: Alcohol intake Bright lights Caffeine intake Fatigue Irritation of the eye surface or inner eyelids Lack of sleep Smoking Stress Wind Sometimes, eye twitching may be the earliest sign of a chronic movement disorder, especially if other facial spasms develop in addition to the eye twitching. Usually, however, there is no identifiable cause. Very rarely, eye twitch may be a sign of certain brain and nervous system disorders. When it is, it's almost always accompanied by other signs and symptoms. Consult Physician for further evaluation...