Left Eye Pain
Hi, Over 2 months, I have flickering and muscle contraction in my lower eyelid. At times, pain also developes in the overall eye area and then it subsides itself. I've seen Eye doctors and also neurologist. Followed the medicine and advise however not much relief. I believe it is more of a eye nerve problem. Can you please advise the solution?

Dr. Amarjeet
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 12 yrs exp Vadodara
It is usually dry eye, if it does not respond to lubricants, then you need to investigate further. sometimes it may be essential blepharospasm a condition of central (brain) origin & may necessitate MRI. It can be treated with botox injections the effect of which lasts 3 months