Left eye cataract

I am a 24 year old boy suffering from cataract in my left eye , doctor suggested me to get a surgery for it . But he could not point out the exact reason for the cataract formation. so my query is about what kind of lens should i opt for surgery and does there is any classification of lens on base of quality

Doctor Answers (2) on Left eye cataract

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Usually cataract starts in old age In young age it might be due to diabetes, trauma or steroid use Only treatment is surgery Best lens is acrylic hydrophobic lens
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, some cataract are congenital ,reason is yet to find .In old age group patients most common cause for cataract is diabetes , since he is 24 year old it could be congenital cataract . Doctor suggest operation if cataract is affecting your vision otherwise you can wait till it matures . Doctor replace lens with same kind of clean lens. You don't have to opt.