Late period after sex

I had my sexual intercourse on 8 th Feb.my period dat should by 12. But it did not occur. We did not take protection but it was not more than 10 sec. So ejaculation did not happen. It was my first time and hymen did not break. I am 18 days late. So I did a home pregnancy test . it came negative . what I should do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Late period after sex

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there, In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress.. Consult Gynecologist for further evaluation and treatment...