Sex and period

I had protective sex yesterday..then for being 100% sure, today i took pregnancy test and it came negative
But after that later i got my period which was a bit late than expected
Do i need to repeat test? Do i need to worry about it? I don't want to get pregnant now.

Doctor Answers (2) on Sex and period

Thank you for your question.
If your period is only a few days late and your pregnancy test is negative you can wait and note if the period is like your usual periods. If it is you need not worry. However if it is lighter than usual or feels different you might want to repeat your pregnancy test after a week just to be on the safe side. This is likely to be the case only if you had unprotected sex in your cycle this time or previous cycle. It is unlikely to be the result of the episode where you had protected intercourse.
If in doubt please do see your doctor for help especially if you feel unwell, light headed or dizzy.
best wishes
Dr. Hithysh BM Bangalore | General Physician
hello der if you had ur period then ders nothing to worry about pregnancy you are definitely not pregnant for further queries consult obg specialist.