Late and light periods

Hey. So my periods were late by a week. And when it started, the first day I had a good flow but yesterday night i saw the flow had lessened(2nd day). Today in the morning i saw there was barely anything except some spottings although i do have a medium flow on 3rd day. I had indulged in oral sex but did not have sex and neither did he ejaculate near my private areas, hence pregnancy seems to be ruled out since none of the symptoms match. What can be the reason? Is it due to stress because I have been stressed a lot last week because my period wasn't happening. Please let me know.

Dr. Swati Chitnis
Gynecologist 5 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi. Stress can affect your periods. However, pregnancy is unlikely. In all probability, your next periods will be normal. Wait for next cycle. Get an ultrasound done if problem persists
Dr. Mamatha Devi S
Gynecologist 27 yrs exp Bangalore

You don't have to be so stressed when you are so sure . It doesn't matter. However get a scan done Meet a Gynaecologist.
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hi, You are likely to be experiencing delayed periods due to stress. Thee are least chances of you to become pregnant since you got your periods and there was no intercourse. There is nothing to worry about. If you continue having irregular periods, visit a gynecologist for further evaluation and treatment. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre in New Delhi so that I can guide you better. Our centre is a network of 14 clinics located across India and Nepal. Our team ensures that you have a successful treatment. You can share your contact details to reach you.