Last period date nov 20

My last period date is nov 20, 2015. But when i checked pregnancy test is negative. I consult a doctor. doctor gave me tablets for menses. please suggest me why my period late?

In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, there will be menstrual irregularities. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. Consult Gynecologist for further evaluation...
Dr. Nyanisha Sachin Desai
Infertility Specialist 8 yrs exp Pune
These irregularities r ofcourse by hormonal imbalance in body that can be because of ur modern life style, stress, anaemia or some other reasons and this can be temporary also if this thing persists first regulate ur periods then u should conceive.