Laser for eyes

Hi doctor, i wish to perform laser treatment for my eyes in order to avoid wearing spectacles. Please suggest with pros and cons for this.would usage of lens be preferred than spectacles.My eye sight for left & right eye are -1.25& -1.50 respectively.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

hello lasik is very good option to get rid of glasses Doctor will perform few tests (Schirmer test, Pentacam and Fundus examination) and if all tests are normal then you can go for lasik surgery without fear. Success rate of LASIK is over 96%. Side effects may vary from minimal like mild dryness, DALK , haloes, glare to severe like infection (very rare). precaution include: a. avoid face/head wash for 1 week b. avoid swimming /water sports for 6 weeks c. avoid eye make up for 6 weeks Cost :depends on Type of lasik which varies from 25000 for standard lasik to 1.10 lacs for SMILE lasik For more details, you can read my health tip on LASIK
Dr. Arjun Kumar Singh
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 38 yrs exp Patna

1.25-1.5D myopic power has lots of advantages in later years, after 40yrs you will never need any eyeglasses for reading.If you go for LASIK you will  need  eyeglasses for reading after 40yrs,you will not be able to read without eyeglasses.My personal is,don't go for LASIK for1.25-1.5D,just continue with contact lens, it is quite safe.
Dr. Mukesh Paryani
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 7 yrs exp Bangalore

Yes u can certainly plan LASIK laser surgery.. laser surgeries with today's technology have become more accurate and predictable.. u need to undergo some prelasik checkup to ensure that u r fit for LASIK or not.. visit a LASIK surgeon for details And for contact lenses, u can wear contact lenses but follow all instructions that will be given by contact lens person..
Dr. (Maj.) Arun Baweja
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 24 yrs exp Delhi
Lasik is a completely safe procedure .Get your Corneal evaluation done by Pentacam/Orbs can to know if u r fit to undergo LASIK.