L5 s3 spondylolysis

There is pain at lower spine , pain is in back bone only, only during bending n no in any other parts, after ct scan result was L5 s3 spondylolysis. Sir plz help me to know weather operation is needed for permanent cure without any future or old age problem or there are any other ways to make it permanent cure. Plz hlp

Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, I went through your query, since you pain only when bending,, may be medical management is just enough for you, treatment includes combination of the following: Bracing to immobilize the spine for a short period (e.g. four months) to allow the pars defect to Heal,,,, Pain medications and/or anti-inflammatory medication, as neededStretching, beginning with gentle hamstring stretching and progressing with additional stretches over time,, exercise that is controlled and builds gradually over time(your doctor prescribe you that) , if your symptoms include neurological components then surgical approach may be needed, please consult a neurosurgeon or orthopedician.