Knee sides pain

I got diagnosed with vitamin b12 and vitamin D deficiency. I've started the aggressive treatment needed for the same. It's only been a day. But it seems like my legs are starting to pain much more especially the sides of my knees. I'm unable to stand even for 10 minutes. Legs feel tired like as if I've stood for 3-4 hours straight. I don't understand what's wrong. What should I do?

Doctor Answers (2) on Knee sides pain

The deficiency of vitamin D and B12 is quite common. The treatment for the same should continue. But at this age you must get yourself thoroughly checked up especially for diabetes and high blood pressure and any other ailment. Other general measures like adequate rest, nutritious diet and regular exercise, keeping yourself tension free are equally important.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...if the pain is due to vitamins deficiency you will get symptomatic relief after few weeks of treatment... Till then take over the counter pain medications....Some of the most common reasons for knee pain are sprained ligaments, meniscus (cartilage) tears, tendonitis, and runner's knee...some other causes include bursitis,osteoarthritis, patellofemoral pain syndrome etc...Consult nearest orthopedic surgeon they will do the needful... Regards..