Knee pains

Since 3 weeks I'm practicing running for physical efficiency test for govt. Job... as I'm suffering with severe knee pains and chin bone pains... bcz of these pains I am even unable to walk also. Please suggest me medicine or treatment to get back to my practice

Doctor Answers (1) on Knee pains

Dr. Deepali S. Ajinkya Mumbai | General Physician
Hello It is usually seen that whenever you first start exercising , as muscles are getting toned up and not used to that form of strain you get muscle pain in body parts . To avoid this its recommended that you increase your exercise activity gradually like first 5 days 20min then 30 min and so on. For your current situation 1.it is better to avoid doing during peak hour of heat that is between 11am till 5pm. 2. Drink lot of water . Dehydration can also cause muscle cramps. 3. You may apply volini gel to your knee joints 4. Shin bone pain , you better rule out vitamin D3 deficiency by blood test. 5. Don’t get stressed too much. Take care