Heel pain &knee pain

Im priyanka, 24years old... I'm preparing for Physical Events of govt. Post. Since one month I'm practicing running and other events for 4-5 hours daily. Suddenly, since 3 days I'm suffering from heel pain severely and knee bone pain. Please let me know the appreciate solution or medicines. As i was consulted doctor and he suggested me few medicines like - 1.Dynapar 2. Callite- M and 3.Omeprazole. But its not working. In how many days i can continue my practice.
views-icons 22 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Heel pain &knee pain

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...did you consult an orthopedic or a general physician? If you consult a orthopedic, I am sure they will be able to explain to you better about the problem and solutions. Heel pain and knee pain could be ligament injury (especially tenodcalcaneum for heel, cruciate ligaments for knee). I hope you are giving body enough rest between your workouts. Else it ends to accumulation of lactic acid and you will more prone to muscle cramps and ligament injuries. Don't forget to stretch before starting workout. Always keep your hydrated. Contact orthopedic for further evaluation.